Sex has an important place in the life of every adult. Usually, the men with sexual problems feel inadequate, which develops complexes, worsens the state of heath and exacerbate chronic diseases. The men of all ages suffer from erectile dysfunction (ED), although it is most common among the men aged 45 to 50 (40%) and 70-80 (75%). This problem is urgent all over the world. Lots of time and money are invested in the solution of this problem (which includes scientific studies and modern development of effective drugs for impotency).
Each patient requires individual combination therapy for the treatment of this pathology. The following indicators must be taken into account:
– patient safety;
– effectiveness of the method;
– men’s social life;
– religious and cultural views;
– accessibility of the method;
– financial situation;
– side effects and withdrawal symptoms;
– peripheral or central drug action;
– simple use.
Usually, in diagnosing the disease, it is important to identify the reasons for emergence and development of this pathology, as well as its history. It will provide an opportunity to prescribe the right treatment to address the cause of erectile dysfunction, and not only its symptoms.
Modern medicine has three main means of treatment of erectile dysfunction. They include:
– Conservative therapy:
• pharmacotherapy (injections in the cavernous bodies, drugs for the oral intake and local medicines);
• the use of vacuum pumps;
• the use of intra-urethral systems.
– Operative intervention (implants, vascular reconstruction and venous shunts).